I have been providing freelance indexing, copyediting, cold reading, and proofreading services since 2010 (full-time since 2018), which, at the time of this page update, includes 395 books. For a list of books that I’ve worked on please contact me.
I am very experienced with the Chicago Manual of Style, and have completed a graduate degree certificate program in editing from the Graham School of the University of Chicago.
I am dedicated to providing quality work and always meeting deadlines.
Clients I have done editing-related freelance work for include:
- BenBella Books
- Berkeley (Penguin Group)
- Book Publishing Company
- Encounter Books
- Fulcrum Publishing, Inc.
- HarperCollins Publishers (including Avon, Harlequin, Hanover Square Press, and Park Row Books)
- Kensington Publishing Corp.
- Neuwirth Associates
- Pre-Press PMG
- Running Press
- Seven Stories Press
- Simon & Schuster
- University of Texas at San Antonio
- University of Utah Press
- Vantage Press
- Walter-Foster Publishing
- WND Books
- And individual authors
In addition to editing/indexing, I am also an author. My experience as a writer has given me insight into how to provide thoughtful comments and suggestions while editing another’s work.
- Daring to Start Anew (Woman’s World Magazine)
- Just the Two of Us (Woman’s World Magazine)
- Love Works (Woman’s World Magazine)
- Daisies (Woman’s World Magazine)
- The Garnish Goddess (Woman’s World Magazine)
- Under a Canyon Moon (novel, Wild Rose Press)
- Graduate Certificate in Editing (University of Chicago)
- Certificate in Indexing
- MA Writing Popular Fiction
- MA Communications
- BS Computer Science